Here are some quick facts about our Kindergarten program
- We have small class sizes
- Our kindergarten program runs all day on Monday and Wednesdays (8:32-3:13) and half days on Fridays (8:32-12:01). Parents will be given a schedule at the beginning of the school year that shows which Fridays are kindergarten Fridays.
- Ms. Shaw is our kindergarten teacher and our school's music teacher. Music instruction is built into the kindergarten program and Ms.Shaw ensures that students get exposure to all of the instruments Westlake has to offer
- Literacy and numeracy instruction is interwoven to activities all throughout the day. Our goal is that all students will develop their literacy and numeracy abilities throughout the year
- Our kindergarten class gets to enjoy the fine arts experts that come to our school
- We love bringing in special guests such as the Taber Fire Department, Taber Police, and dentists so that students can learn more about their community
- Students go on trips to the Taber Gymnastics Centre, Spray Park and Helen Schuler Centre